Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

This blog post is exactly what the above picture depicts...an ode to my mother, a gift to her across the miles.

Across the miles I send this to you
With heart full of love and feelings so true
For today is a day as good as any
To say what I mean with words so many


I may have been bratty too many times
And overwhelmed you with my sighs and whines
And taken you for granted without a thought
All the times that I argued and angered and fought


Looking back I feel how foolish was I
To act like a spoilt kid, who knew why
You certainly deserved much more than this
It's all I can say, it's all that I wish


But one thing's for sure, that's not ever changed
My undying love for you is still the same
No gains, no wants, no pleasures sublime
Nothing can change that, no distance, no time

And as I write this with tears in my eyes
There's one single truth that cannot be denied
This comes from the deepest heart of a girl

That You are truly the best mother in the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment