Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Photo Source
Dear Dad,

Today, I just want to Thank You.

For...

...teaching me everything that I know
...being there for me every step of the way
...guiding me through the not-so-food times
...listening to my constant chatter, my raves, and my rants
...understanding what I feel even before I say it
...laughing out loud as we share one of our many private jokes
...being proud of me...now and always
...standing by me nomatterwhat
...taking my side in fights no matter who is on the other side
...teaching me the value of things
...teaching me the value of health
...motivating me to do my best and give my best
...scolding me when I deserve it (not too often though :-))
...praising my cooking (? :-))
...being my best friend in times of need
...teaching me the difference between right and wrong
...explaining things to me even after I refuse to understand them for the umpteenth time
...putting up with all my tantrums and mood swings
...depuzzling the puzzles that I seem to create :-)
...always always giving me the best advise
...being able to make me smile within seconds
...accepting my decisions and having absolute faith in them
...speaking your heart out to me
...cheering me on from my school races to my life races
...knowing my choice and taste without thinking twice
...making me who I am today
...for all this and so much more that words fall short

The list goes on but...
...who knows better than you, everything that I want to say
So here's wishing you a Very Happy Father's Day!

Your little girl, now & always,
Me

3 comments:

  1. i knew i would cry even before i start reading it.....you are always the happy tears in my eyes...pappa

    ReplyDelete