Monday, March 10, 2014

International Women's Day

Photo Source
March 8 was International Women's Day. So I thought I'd take this opportunity to list out the top 5 women who's strength and determination continue to inspire me on a daily basis. These are women who's careers I truly follow, who's positiveness and achievements are what I strive to emulate. So here goes...

#1 Ruchi Sanghvi
Ruchi Sanghvi started her career as the first female engineer at Facebook. She since then quit Facebook to start her own startup called Cove. Cove was later acquired by Dropbox. She is currently Vice President of Operations at Dropbox. She is also a vocal advocate for immigration reform in the US.


#2 Indra Nooyi
Indra Nooyi, born in Tamil Nadu, India and studied at Yale. CEO of PepsiCo and fourth on the list of The World's 100 Most Powerful Women. She was also named CEO of the Year in 2009. Such an inspiration!



#3 Marissa Mayer

She is as smart as she is pretty! Marissa Mayer, current president and CEO of Yahoo! She was also one of the key persons in charge of shaping Google. All this and only 38 years old. Remarkable.

#4 Hilary Clinton

Does she really need an introduction? I would really like to watch her become the first woman president of the United States. Women power!

#5 All the wonderful women in my life
So this here is a shout out to all the incredible women in my life. You are a constant source of love and inspiration to me and I would be so lost without you. This list comprises of my mom and my mother-in-law who really illustrate the true strength of a woman to me, my wonderful sisters-in-law (and other women of my extended family) for making me aware of the genuine kindness and niceness that women are capable of, and for my female friends for proving to me time and again that friends truly can be a second family.

So here's to all you wonderful women out there - there's really no one quite like us - so stay strong & stay fabulous!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment